View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 10:06 AM   #4
SCOTI

Re: 72 c10 duramax, converting to 3/4 ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathenMyers View Post
Forgive the confusion, I'm ashamed to say, at this point its been a couple of years since I put these front end parts in. I've been chasing all of the other gremlins, haha.

I remember getting the drag link from a guy at a swapmeet, i don't remember what year it is from, In my mind, all draglinks would fit all years.

I feel pretty confident i got the tie rods from Autozone. which if that were the case, I would have ordered 72 Chevy c20 tie rods.

I suppose, re reading my question, and now trying to get my thoughts more ordered.

my first question would be:
Is there an "upside down" or "backwards" that I accidentally put this drag link in?

also:
looking at LMC for tie rod ends they have 67-70, and 71-72. Could my problem be that my drag link and tie rod years aren't matched?

thank you so much for your time, really.
Yes, there is & it's more common than you think. If definitely impacts the steering feel & causes contact when steering.

The tie-rods should go between the main x-member & the center-link w/the castle nuts facing toward the front bumper. They will only seat properly in the center-link in one direction as they're tapered.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote