View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 62' rearend change to 5X5

As far as I know there isn't any aftermarket support for the HO55 rear ends. You may be able to get aftermarket axles made, but you might check with someone like Moser as Clyde65 mentioned. It all depends on what you need in a rear end. If you need a posi and plan on beating on it, then you might consider upgrading to a 12 bolt truck differential. If your main concern is just converting to the 5x5 wheel bolt pattern, then I would just have the axles plugged and drilled to the 5x5 pattern. You could try a '71 and up drum for fit, but you may have to drill the original drums too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieboy1993 View Post
hello i am new to the forum, and am currently working on restoring my 1962 Chevy short wide. i have already changed the front K-member to a 1978 for the 5X5 bolt pattern. and was wondering if there was anyway to keep my original rear end because it is a 10 bolt with a 3.90 gear ratio. I think i can redrill the axles and brake drums, but was wondering if there were any aftermarket axles or lockers/spools available. any help will be appreciated.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote