View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #70
NastyBuzzard

Wink Re: 1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic LS swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
The 01 is a better frame. So i guess i would say that. Although im curious. How locg do you suppose this will take? And how long do you suppose you will maintain your level of ambition?
Level of ambition: until the job is done! This truck will never be sold and I'll be doing it under my car port so will have to be done so my z28 vert can go back under there.

Long it will take: that depends on what I do. My original plan was to swap in ls and as much else I can, then get it running. Then eventually go back in stages and swap interior in and even do a dash swap from the 01.

However, if I do frame swap it will save me time from swapping 01 gas tank, fuel lines, rearend, et cetera. If I do frame swap though I will be at the mercy of my good friend who is a far superior welder than I am and he has a mobile stick/mig setup with a generator.

I agree newer frame is better and will provide a better ride and will be easier for me to drive it more often. Plus my wife gets horrible car sickness so rough ride would keep her from long trips in the truck.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote