View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #33
Pinchecharlie

Re: Where does a guy start?

Thanks! Iam just wondering if it isn't worth swapping a 100 here and there to afford other items to end up with a truly tunable system? Example , the nvx amp saves 100, add active Passover, same price. Within the same product lines I can still shave a little to add more flexibility? You know how it goes...as soon as you buy a cam, you need springs then you need rockers then your valve covers don't fit and shi@ your carbs to small might as well step up to fuel injection ! Iam not to bummed about money, I like spending money. I've blown this budget awhile back. I just don't know these products well enough to make good decisions lol. My local shop wanted 4500 for custom enclosure and unknown electronics so if I can come in at half that with a bad as@ set up iam good.
So to make things less confusing I'll stick with my list and start trying to understanding how they work lol! Iam bad about going full tilt!! All I need for a pretty good system with my list is an extra channel so far and if I want to go nutty- a dsp and active crossover and..? Ok buddy your not my mom so I can't expect you to hold my hand forever so I'll hit the books and finger this out a bit on my lonesome. Just out of curiosity...what does a guy have in his car to win contests? Individual amps per speaker? All active 3 way speakers? Dsp and bass boost...just everything you can buy lol!!! Ok enough babble! It's only Tuesday and iam allr3ady 2 days behind!
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote