View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
MT1971

Transfer case tear down

Took my np205 home to tear apart so I would have time to work on other things in class to keep the project some what moving along. Waiting on the rebuild kit to come in so I can start putting everything back together, but in the mean time I am cleaning the case, and cross member, and need to go buy some brake drums due to the fact that mine are bent. (Was told it was probably due to me trying to get them off) Also need to get some new brake lines, Any suggestions on places to buy from? I twisted the driver side line that goes from the wheel cylinder to the "T-splitter" and now it has a kink/hole, but thats the game we play so i'm not complaining. Hoping to get the transfercase done relatively quick. Im starting to worry its going to come down to the wire with a couple long nights at home to try and get this thing to drive to graduation, but its all in good fun. Still need to get my engine in the shop and replace the oil pan gasket... AGAIN. (when we first fired my engine, the rear main seal was leaking a little and it would have been fine to leave, but having just rebuilt the thing, I want to try an make the thing leak proof. but when I put the oil pan gasket I bought for that job, they gave me the thin oil pan gasket and I need the thicker one. So I need to get my engine in the shop and replace that.) then my last major concern is the wiring harness. Hoping to get the drive train back in the truck so I can get lengths of wires and start soldering on the connections to the harness. but Im also thinking about soldering the connections on now so I will have it done, and next winter when I do the body work, cut the wires down and make every thing nice and neat. Can't decide which route to go. Any advice / experience?
Attached Images

MT1971 is offline   Reply With Quote