View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
sexychevy

Re: my 1972 c10 introduction and custom rear upper shock mount crossmember

Here you can see that I have made a semi flat bottom to the cab. I covered the inside on the area that will no longer be accessible with por 15. Also if you're wonder how the cab is place in these pictures. It is sitting on the firewall and the underneath is visible. Also if you know the cabs very well you will know that the cab support rails are higher up than the bottom of the rocker panels so these filler panels are welded on the side of the cab support rails and to the bottom of the rocker panel. Might be hard to see in the pictures but there are holes drilled all along the lower side of the filler panels and there is also an opening closest to the cab corners to allow water to drain during acceleration if any were to get into there. If you have any questions feel free I would love to give a helping hand to anyone that shares my passion.

Note I don't have the fanciest metal shop and the reason why the filler panel holes are so percale spaced is because they are pieces or shelves found in retail stores and we're already drilled haha. Theres my secret lol enjoy
Attached Images

sexychevy is offline   Reply With Quote