View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #60
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

Sorry if that seemed like a rush, but I really just didn't take too many photos! Did not want to take my gloves off and I was really tired of all the body work. Here is an overview shot of the bed floor after the welding was done for the most part.

Now it was finally time to get around to some of those Christmas goodies, and man did I have some great Christmas goodies! First thing on the menu was changing out my rear leaf springs, which I bought from https://www.thesuspensionking.com/ and were partnumber CHE50 I believe. They are the 4+1 1950 lb rated spring pack. The springs themselves were cheap however shipping was not and they arrived with some heavy duty sticky tape. The tape made the painting process WAY longer than it should have due to all the residue, I ended up giving up and painting over a lot of it.

I needed new springs because my truck was sagging towards the gas tank. I thought these springs would give me a small lift with the flip kit - don't get me wrong, they did.. just not very much I think I gained 0.25" of lift. I was looking for an inch or inch and a half. I should have bought a 1" lift set.

In that last picture you might notice something cool, that something cool also is why this process took a lot longer and we ended up removing springs, adding springs, removing springs, and adding springs again in one day. It wasn't too fun.

Last edited by HunterRotten; 05-24-2017 at 09:17 PM.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote