View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #56
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Hey guys,

Few more updates as well as a question. I just got back from the US with 4 bags full of parts, just about finished with parts buying. I ended up going with an aeromotive intank fuel pump, got my fuel filter and lines all installed. I found some nice hose clamps that bolt through the frame that give it a clean look. I had Coan build me a torque converter which was installed, so the trans is in for good. I ditched the shocks that came with my suspension kit and upgraded to double adjustable Vari shocks front and rear. As much as I am building this truck to look nice, I want it to perform as well as it can, so the bouncy bounce shocks had to go. Last thing I got done was bending up some rear brake lines. So nothing major with the build, just some small detail work.

Actually before I left for the US last month I began some body work. I removed all of the small dents and dings from the PO, as well as welding up the drill rail holes and a bunch of random holes on the front side of the bed.

I will be away for the next two weeks but when I get back I am going to finish up the motor. All that is left is to measure for pushrod length, then silicon and bolt down the intake.

So the one question I have has to do with my front shock alignment, it has nothing to do with my new shocks, because the ones that came with the CPP kit had the same issue. You will be able to see the problem more clear in the pictures. But basically the shock will not sit straight using the mounting tab on the lower control arm and the frame stud. You can see in the picture that even without the upper bot tighten down the eyelid sits crooked and is forcing the bushing out of place. What could this misalignment be from? Have any of you guys experienced this before?

Thanks and some pics down below.

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote