View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:24 AM   #66
3757chevy

Re: Another Blue Chevy

...Been a few months since I posted on this thread . So much has happened, The end of June I was hearing a noise in the drive train. After some researching when it would make the most noise. I narrowed it down to the transmission front bearing retainer was broken. After removing the transmission, further examination showed the main drive gear and adjoining main shaft cluster were trashed

...As I was taking things apart I realized a trans mount without any rubber contributed to the broken pieces and rebuilt mine after no luck finding another.

...I found new pieces to fix the transmission, but I also found a used transmission on Ebay in Minnesota . I ordered it and received the trans on Aug 31st.

...That day I was repainting the house after already repairing broken windows from a recent hail storm. My Wife said the house can wait "fix the '35" . So I could get it put up. I dropped everything got the transmissions pieced together and installed and have been driving it almost every weekend since .
...First thing we had to do was take it by my Mother In Law to show her since she is the one that bought it for us .
...I will try to post up pictures in the order they happened. It's been 4 months and I got rid of my flip phone so I can ZOOM with my 3 yr old grandson and his parents.So I have lots of pictures.
Attached Images

MIKE

Last edited by 3757chevy; 04-01-2022 at 12:17 AM.
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote