Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #907
SCOTI

Re: 75 Dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post
So I took the truck out today for a shake down run before we head Friday to Dallas for the C10's in the park. Before I left I topped off the tank to get an accurate miles per gallon reading Here were the stats: Drove 35.26 miles, and then filled the tank with 3.466 gallons, which equated to 10.17 miles per gallon. Better than I thought it was going to do... Most of the time I was doing 75 mph. So for an old big block that is not too bad, was expecting 8 miles per gallon, but was happy to get this result.
I was around 8mpg's before my rebuild. 8mpg's after. If you're getting 10mpg, that's a good thing. A 4l80e is always on my search list until mine finds a new home. For reference.... I picked up some parts for my 'new' 99 CC SWB. During the drive there/back from the wrecking yard I maintained 65mph @ just under 3K rpm. Once we got my 99 back together & took it for a test drive, we were buzzing 80mph down the highway @ 2500prms.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote