View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 08:25 AM   #7
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: 72 C10 SBC 350 - Valve Seals (Stock)

PC Seals? I assume you mean positive seals? That is what they recommended but that would take my heads to be machined to accept them and I knew I could not get those. If I had known a little more about O'Rings, Umbrella and Positive seals - I would have asked my brother to have this done (the machining) when the motor was being rebuilt.

But on to my TH350, which is off topic of this thread but its my thread so I'll forgive myself. It seems my leak from my pan has moved up to the shifter or perhaps that is easier seen now that the pan is dry. Something is up with the seal for the shifter linkage :'(

Now the question is, if it is the seal did the tranny guy replace it or not replace it when it was rebuilt back last May. If replaced, was it mucked up or is there wear/burr/groves that is causing fluid to get by the seal. Ugh... questions, questions, questions. I sooo hate leaks!

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote