View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

I didn't round off the front of the canti part yet as im not sure exactly how far forward i want to place the bag, if i don't cut into the cab i can safely have 1/2" minimal clearance around the bag, or i could cut and put a little round notch into the back of the cab to give myself a little more room... what ya think? Gotta love cardboard for laying parts out.

close up

The upper bar will be a matching 1.5" dom tubing like the lower half is.

Then how close it will be at the full 12" of lift... assuming the bag will raise the truck that high.

Also played around with fitting the front sheet metal back together, hood as expected was not going to close, so i cut up the dented hood just to see what it would look like with a cowl or whatever.

another OPINION question!! Would it look goofy to run a scoop looking deal like this? or should i combine the other 2 hoods i have into a nice custom wide cowl hood?

350 motor, 700R4 tranny, engine wiring harness and computer to drop in the first gen.

well my beds here at the house thanks to djd and 2 other buddies. Now i just need to raise the floor 8" so it lines up with the cab..

well got a little more work done. cuts laidout and started cutting.

cut it free and let it drop.

then tonight started to get it all lined up.

the raised bodymounts i made to lift the floor the needed 3.75" to clear the notches fuel tank and all.

Ok now heres my question, does anyone know if the bed sits perfectly level from the factory? I assume since the cab rockers are leveled out the bed should also sit level... i cant stand that sagging bed look so trying to get it as close as possible before i start to weld it up. I can shim later if needed.

98layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote