View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #327
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
I noticed the same thing in mine the other day after washing it last week (I just got the liner put in the glove box) - I opened the glove box and it had a small amount inside the liner but the top was dry. The only thing I've figured so far is that maybe the PO didn't seal the windshield well, and it's dripping onto the top/side of the liner, running down the side, then seeping inside the liner in the bottom corner where the bottom piece and right side of the liner overlap and are stapled together (the reason I believe this is bc i could tell where the water was seeping in between the two).

I hadn't thought of my antenna possibly leaking? At some point I'll pull the liner back out, put a small bucket in its place, and slowly pour water on the antenna and windshield to try to pinpoint....
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Probably from the drip rail and down the A pillar, from there it drips onto the top of the glove box liner and gets inside..
Thanks for the suggested areas to look at guys. I know the windshield leaks under heavy rains while driving (so I'm told), just never experienced it myself. And I didn't see water anywhere else inside the cab, just the glove box. Strange.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote