View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #17
'63GENIII

Re: A noiseless Harley really .

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
There are new companies making or developing electric MCs and Harley is just remaining relevant as well as playing to it's younger and next customer base. They have been trying to gain younger riders for decades, if not forever... Hummer, Aeromacchis, 883, Blast... What gets me is they already took a leap forward with a kickass cool sport bike in the Buell and they dumped that. Now they bring a sport bike back for their leap into electric power. Customer base? Must be a whole new one because nothing about this nike says Harley to me. I guess us lifelong loyal customers of all these decades of change have become so irrelevant were are being kicked yo the curb. It's not that I dislike the idea of an electric motorcycle. Makes total sense, light and efficient simple form of transportation. I just don't know why they aren't kicking off their electric platform with a Harley instead of something they don't make.

Also, MCs are the least of our concern when it comes to fuel efficiency. We have had 100mpg MCs since the '60s if not longer. I use so little fuel with my pumped up Harley I never give fuel a thought. I get on and ride all day on 5 gallons. I couldn't afford to do that in a car that's as quick
Yes the Buell. Pretty slick bike right there. Always wanted one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Eric Buell had a great idea. But sold out to HD and they killed it in a few years. My son has a 1200 Firebolt. I have a Springer softtail, Fatboy and my glide. The only one that didn't have any engine issues is the Fatboy. The Springer grenaded about 6 months after the warranty. The 2012 ultra I replaced all the cams tensioners and cam plate with Zippers . At 30k the HD stuff was about to grenade too. I like them but have come to realise they were made for the weekend rider . Not a serious touring rider. You should see people's faces when I tell them the ultra has 50k on it. Then they tell me their Classic that's a couple of years older than mine has less than 10k on it. The last time I went to Sturgis I was amazed by all the touring bikes on trailers.

The wing has 45k on it and all I've ever had to do was change the oil and new tires bike is still under warranty. My wife's bike a Yamaha 1100 classic has 77k and again just oil batteries and a valve adjustmen

Another company that screwed up is Polaris. Killing off the Victory to make the Indian to go head to head with HD. Victory were selling well and the guys that bought them had no intention (or were former HD riders) of buying a HD.
A guy on my crew has a Victory and I can see why. Lots of reliable power in what I would consider a legit package. Probably run circles around the Company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
You could sit on it and make vroom vroom noises.

Chris beat me to it. The only thing that may be kind of cool about that bike is that electric motors have a lot of torque instantly and can move you fast. (Think Tesla) It might give you a ride that you won't forget soon. But it is ugly.
Ridiculous torque. Precisely the reason I won't be buying one. Don't need both of my shoulders dislocated at once!

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote