View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #9
lexadmn

Re: Identify Bellhousing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob B. View Post
I remember that one, it's for a truck Big Block, uses the iron nose starter with 2 horizontal bolts, has pads for rear engine mounts. Usually used with a big Clark, Fuller or New Process 5 speed, single disc clutch. Lower transmission bolt holes not threaded, bolts go in from the clutch side. It is not any kind of SAE bolt pattern because it bolts to an adapter to mate to the standard Chevy bell housing bolt pattern as sweetk30 pointed out. There are SAE bell housings that bolt to a Big Block Chevy, but this isn't one of them. Look for a 427 with an Allison or a twin-disc clutch, 10 or 13 speed. I think most of those are SAE. One number that I found that lists as SAE #2 for Chevy V-8 is 14001929, that might be what you are looking for.
Thanks Bob, you are spot on. But this pattern has to be identified as something?
I have an Allison from behind a 427 and it is a SAE 3.
I have a Spicer from behind a 427 and it is a SAE 2.
My 76 C60 has a 366 with a NP and its housing is a SAE 2.

If I was to call a salvage yard to try to buy an adapter, I would not know what to ask for.

I guess it is just more of a mystery for me as I cannot find a use for this until I find what it will bolt too.
lexadmn is offline   Reply With Quote