View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 02:25 AM   #452
MiraclePieCo

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

Nowadays anyone with Google Maps Satellite View can see that the tired old "those damn environmentalists won't let us log" speech is garbage just by zooming in on many areas of western states being virtually denuded by clearcuts. Since you mentioned northern California I will submit this Google screenshot I took of the area near Paradise, CA just before the fire destroyed the town. It's obvious that the abundance of commercial "forest management" didn't help this area resist fires at all. Riding my motorcycle weekly in commercial logging areas I personally see that dense forest is shaded, cool and moist underneath, while clearcuts allow the sun to beat down on the ground making it tinder dry and fire-prone. I've had to evacuate my home 3 times in 10 years I've lived here, all from privately-owned (ie big timber corporations) and professionally-managed timberland burning with billions being spent on firefighting at taxpayer expense.

Now let's return to discussions about old trucks before moderators slap us on our collective behinds!
Attached Images

Last edited by MiraclePieCo; 12-04-2020 at 02:40 AM.
MiraclePieCo is offline   Reply With Quote