Thread: Dad's 83 C-10
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Runner76

Dad's 83 C-10

My Dad bought this truck used in March 1984, shortly after he retired. He drove it regularly until two years ago, when he quit driving. I live out of state, but drove it occasionally on the farm when I came in to visit. When I was home in March, I decided it needed freshening up.

This truck was a real basic truck, just like Dad liked them. It didn't even come with a cigarette lighter. The only original options were the auto, chrome strip on the side and power steering. The brakes are manual.

The engine is the 250 six with 96000 miles and was untouched. The brakes were reworked and new exhaust. That was it for mechanical work. The interior got a new dash pad, the radio was repaired and we added auxiliary plugs for charging cell phone, gps etc.

As you can see from the "before" photos, the truck was in rough shape externally. The truck was stripped of all trim, repainted in its original carmine red, both bumpers and the grill replaced, new trim added, and missing hubcaps replaced.

The truck is sound mechanically, and runs and drives great. The only problem is now I don't want to take it out in the fields!

The after photos shows my 98 year old Dad with his "new" truck. I presented it to him on Fathers Day.
Attached Images

Runner76 is offline   Reply With Quote