View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #701
M.A.C.'sFAB

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
The prices for all of my products are Exactly the same as in post #1 of each for sale thread just as it says in bold text. Both of the 6 lug brackets are $177.50 plus $13.65 for shipping.

I have never in 40+ years of working on Chevy's seen a truck 12 bolt with disc brakes from the factory. The only 10 bolts with disc brakes are the '88+ 8.5" & 8.6" 10 bolts. I did not use any dust shield when designing any of my rear disc brackets. I have no idea if any factory dust shield will work. Additionally adding any thickness of metal in between the brackets and spacers will alter the alignment of the caliper with the rotor.
Well... 1st off. Yes, your right I can read. Just seeing if price is "still" current. You didn't actually need to point out that it was in bold text. Are you trying to be a f-ing jackass?

2nd. The dust shields I'm looking at are through Inline tube (seen them on ebay). And I'm currently using them on my 67 Chevelle (4 wheel disc conversion). They don't just fit 8.5 and 8.6 rears, they fit 8.2, 8.875, etc. 10/12 bolt "CAR" rears up to '81. Maybe you should take a look at those?

When did I ever say that 12 bolt trucks came with rear disc's??? I didn't, I was referring to the shields. Why do you think I pointed out the tube flange is bigger on these then car 12's...… Answer.... because I already know that!! And yes, I know it will add thickness to the setup, about 0.050 worth of thickness

Now if you want, I can keep going on talking to you like a jackass, like you are to me or we can BOTH go back to being civil?

I asked you the questions because I didn't feel the need to scroll through a 1000 posts and waste 2 weekends to see if I could "potentially" find answer to my simple questions. If that's too much to ask, then maybe I'll just pass on these....
M.A.C.'sFAB is offline   Reply With Quote