View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
MARKDTN

Re: 2007 Tahoe Power Locks-LH Only not working

Short version-power wire melted in DDM. Replacing DDM and plug.

Long version. Lock stopped working. Fuses were all good. Had power to the back side of the DDM so I ASSUMED the actuator was bad. Put in the new actuator and nothing. So I took off the DDM again and I noticed that one of the terminals on the power side (large wires) was missing and melted a little around it. Then I looked at the plug. Big chunk of melted plastic. around this terminal. The DDM smells burnt. So I went to the junkyard and got a used DDM and a pigtail. Hopefully it fixes my issue. Don't understand why a fuse didn't blow when this happened. I am going to say (in my mind anyway so I can justify an $80 part that didn't fix anything) that the actuator was going bad and caused this. Moral of the story, be thorough in diagnostics-don't just assume one thing because it is "usually the problem". If I had tried the windows or the master lock switch I would have dug deeper before replacing the actuator.

What I called DDM (Drivers Door Module) is actually called DDS (Drivers Door Switch) according to the GM shop manual. I personally think DDM is more accurate because a new one has to be programmed.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project

Last edited by MARKDTN; 05-09-2019 at 09:50 AM.
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote