View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #21
masterbeavis
Having issues

Dumb question, but if your driveshaft was just a tad too long, could it compress on a launch, bind and kill something? Still looks like it sucked ass. My friend is running a stroked 454 on NOS using a 700R4. Put it all together and the bastard would not shift thru the gears. This was a trans with less than 5K on a rebuild, trans shop was like "you didnt say you were gunna run that much power..." Knock on wood the trans has held together. 700R4's arent the best HP trans (as if you didnt know already ) I have my eyes peeled for a 4L80E, will handle alot more abuse

Still, that really sucks ass. Ive never lost a tranny that bad before, but I did roast a C6, killed the inside so bad there was no useable parts for a rebuild. Lucky me I found a trans shop that was willing to trade guts out from one trans I had to another. Best $300 rebuild ever.

I think with that kind of failure that you can possibly talk the shop into giving you more than just the trans. A picture in the local paper with the name of the shop on it will get alot of exposure. OTOH, if your driveshaft is too long, shame on you for accepting a free trans for your mistake.

Good luck with the repairs, see if the shop will fill your trans for you, they buy their fluid in bulk, waay cheaper than $50. ever bit helps.

The Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
masterbeavis is offline   Reply With Quote