View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #99
jocko

Re: Great deal on new crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho70 View Post
I have how to rebuild your small block Chevy by David Vizard and it is great
In my experience, that is THE best how-to sbc rebuild book I've ever owned. I have several of David Vizard's books and they seem to cover ALL the bases - excellent illustrations and easy to understand. I've had mine since 1983 and still use it. It's a little grimey, but I like to call that patina..

Thx for sharing Jesse, Jeg's should give you a cut on subsequent sales! this IS a great price on a gm long block and a great replacement engine for a stock truck. My po stuck one in my C20 about 10 years or so ago and it runs like a champ. Only about 40k on it right now, but it's a great little engine. Gotta love gm. As for hp - it's more than enough for a stock truck - I can understand the earlier "more hp" comment - but some folks like to keep their trucks motors' stock for simplicity and reliability. If I could have my truck set up like it rolled off the assembly line, I would, but the gm crate long block is a close 2nd. Oh, and since the difference in price between $1200 and $3000 is, well, more than the price of the engine itself, the math kinda makes the case... Enjoy your build!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote