View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
mikeyj350

1991 V3500 Project

Hey guys! New member here and thought I'd say hello and post about my new project truck, a 1991 Chevy V3500. Been looking for the right one for a while, bought this one at an auction in Texas, it's rust free with 71k miles but non-running with some electrical/critter issues that need to be resolved. Turns out it's been sitting since around 2004, and the mud daubers have gotten to it. A mouse chewed through a couple wires under the hood too, but that damage appears to be pretty limited and easily fixable.

I'll be removing the hunting equipment in the back and replacing/restoring the bed to get a more original look. Getting rid of the bumpers too and replacing with factory. Eventually a full restoration to make it an updated and comfortable yet true-to-original long-haul cruiser capable of pulling "anything".

I wanted a 91 specifically because that's the only year they fit the 4L80E tranny into a square, making the best overall drivetrain combo imo... Dana 60 up front, NP205, 4L80E, and 14FF in back. This one came with 4.10 gears and posi (code G80) too.

I'll be back after a bit to document progress... right now the goal is to get it driving again, and get rid of all the stuff it came with that I don't want. Cheers!!!

mikeyj350 is offline   Reply With Quote