View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 01:48 PM   #22
mikeyj350

Re: 1991 V3500 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Holy crap Mikey. You have been busy! Built a motor, rebuilt a 4L80e, transfer case, tuned the TBI unit and built fiberglass accessories for the interior.

I gotta know - how does the stroker motor tow??? Very nice work.
Thanks man! Yeah it's been a busy last few months for sure

I described a bit about the towing in the final update above, but to elaborate I'd say it's "adequate" for my needs pulling the camper. Unladen, she's sporty but definitely not a hotrod. If I were towing in a more mountainous area I'd say I would prefer something with a bit more power. Also though, to really get this engine to its full potential I should probably spend some more time tuning. One of the biggest issues I ran into was that my roller rockers and aluminum valve covers make a noise that sets off the knock sensor, causing the computer to retard the timing to the maximum. The valvetrain isn't loud to the ear; it just makes a particular sound that sets off the sensor. So, I've had to disable the knock sensor and program in a relatively safe timing curve to the tune. I'm nervous to mess with it too much more, I know it's safe now and I'd hate to go tweaking things and end up melting a piston!!!

Let me know if there's anything more specific you'd like to hear about, happy to share... cheers!!

1991 V3500 Crew "Belle" - the new project! (like I need any more)
mikeyj350 is offline   Reply With Quote