View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Customized My Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Man,you really beat him down. Maybe he wants to sell it again to get his other $200 . I would not have been able to resist that one. Buy now and figure it out later is my motto. So,where's the fuel injection,laying in the back? Just the transmission & transfer case combo is worth more than $400. If you want a sticker or two for a tool box,or whatever,I'll send it/them. These diesels may not be the king of the hiway,but it's still pretty neat to have such a thing. Especially now that they're older and you only ever saw but so many...ever. It's a classic big tire 4wd that is right for today's needs. My buddy first made me stickers that are about 18" tall! O could do the huge rear window graphic thing with them...mot my style. I'm thinking to get some steel,put a bend on one edge,powdercoat it black,put sticker on,and clear it under for a cool wall mounted sign for the shop.
Those tops really make the truck. I had the red '90 Blazer (350/4spd) that I planned to use the axles,springs,and tires on. I ordered a black STC soft top for it as my first step. They went under with my money. I git disgusted and ended up selling that one. But,I didn't stay away from K/5s for long! They are still really growing on me. I'd like to buy a few up for the future. They're like land...don't make anymore.
Hehe, well the add was somewhat misleading in that it says it needs an engine. I was expecting to find the Blazer had a rod knock or piston hanging of the block, not a completely missing engine. No brackets, throttle body, bolts, nothing….just an empty hole with a hacked up harness hanging there. It didn’t even come with a radiator or fan shroud. I think he beat me up more than I beat him down as I offered $300 and he got me up to $400. Thanks for the offer on the sticker. PM sent! A big shop sign with that decal would be cool. Post up some pics if you do it.

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 08-29-2013 at 10:14 AM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote