View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #13
LT1 Burb

Re: What should I do with this truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
It's your truck and you should do whatever you want, but I find it curious that you would have gone to the lengths you did staying true to a factory correct restoration, while not really enjoying the finished product.
I get it if you are a hot rodder at heart, it's just hard to mentally justify your efforts if the factory thing never floated your boat. Maybe you learned that along the way? Or the build was more of a personal challenge to test your restoration abilities? Either way, what you have now is a distinctly well executed example of a stock truck from the era, which is kind of rare.
I my opinion, if you begin to modify this truck, it will start to melt into the sea of other resto-mods out there. The deeper you go, the more it melts.
I'm not sure if the dollar investment would balance out if you sold and started over, but it seems a shame to lose what you have accomplished.
Again, this is just my own humble opinion.
I did go through a ton of effort to stay as close to original as possible, the truck has won numerous first place awards but is not fun to drive. My 66 ragtop maybe turned me, with the huge sway bars and coil overs it is a joy to drive. Plus I realized I like lowered trucks better, I think a 2-4 drop on springs, brake upgrades and wheels would not really alter value as they are easily removed. I do have a standing offer and can sell it at any moment, maybe its time.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote