View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 02:49 AM   #23
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So much for more sleep, got another hour in.

Got up to feed Harleyat 07.00, who was asking since 05.00 to be fed, only to then lick the gravy off the wet food and walk away in disgust. Cats.

Was planning on getting the underside of the truck finished today before heading out.

Rain had different plans by 07.30 so it’s on hold for the moment.

Back to last night before I shut shop to get ready for my “Meals on Wheels” from Joy.

Craig had given me some nice thick folded steel plate, part of a high end gas BBQ construction that I had eyeballed on his pile of stock.

It’s the same gauge as the outrigger, so would be just fine, if I could incorporate some of the bends.

So in with Sharpie under the truck, some cardboard and scissors, lay out, mark out, cut out and transfer onto the metal.

Leaving me with a stightly oversized panel to trim back and fit once I cut away what is left of the outrigger.

Folding vise.

Once you copied the template, cutting and folding goes easy.

Happy??

Yes, very happy.

Because the outrigger is angled in some planes, it looks cockeyed, but is meant to be so.

I need to just infill the little gusset piece before offering it up a last time and cleaning off the metal, getting primer on the hidden side and adding the Vactan rust converter stuff that I still don’t know if it makes any real different, but I am happy to just add into the mix to the insides of the outrigger where I can reach.

Amazing how long it takes to do every piece.

Seems not too bad........

Now if the rain would just go away and let me get this little job done.

Later guys.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote