View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 04:41 PM   #91
FLYNAVY30

Re: 1972 C20 build and adventure thread

Next up was to address the brakes. The Wilwood swap a few years ago was a definitive upgrade, but the pedal feel was never what I wanted...the truck would stop fine, but you always needed far more effort than you would expect for a given level of stopping power...almost like an unboosted brake set up. I posted a more thorough thread here:

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=805668

...but the short version of the story is that I swapped out the factory single diaphragm booster to a dual diaphragm booster, along with some Wilwood "E compound" pads and the additional boost along with the more aggressive brake pads have improved things drastically. It brakes like a new truck. My wife's biggest complain was always how much effort the brakes took (she's 115 lbs, soaking wet, in a denim jump suite) and even she commented the last time she drove the truck how much better the brakes felt. I did need to modify the linkage and bracket slightly, but it did not require drilling any additional holes in the fire wall....again, see the full thread above for complete details.
Attached Images

FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote