View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 10:12 PM   #15
Dan in Pasadena

Re: seat belt threads sources and advice

This post and pictures are an FYI for Task Force guys like AZ59apacheguy. I installed 3 point belts from Juliano's in my '55.2 big window and had to open the B pillar to install an anchor point.

The pillar is only folded sheet metal so it isn't very strong. In a true violent collision this mount will keep your face from meeting the steering wheel or dash but remember that the likelihood is in these 60+ year old vehicles we WILL get hurt in anything more than a mild collision. They're filled with hard surfaces inside and were not designed with collapsing steering columns or door collision beams, engines that will be driven under the cab, etc. It's just what it is.

HELPFUL HINT: Don't make the mistake I did. My mount hole is centered on the B pillar. It SHOULD have been more toward the front of the pillar so the belt hanger will hang truly horizontal. As mine is the big window rubber molding won't allow it so the belt binds when pulled out. But otherwise it works well.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote