View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 09:06 PM   #18
1972cheyenne454

Re: 72 Cheyenne Project: Straight Outta Options

Made quite a bit of headway the past couple days. I've had to work on it in between family gatherings. Finished up the patches on the driver's side floor pan. After that, I figured I might as well clean up the wiring under the dash, clean the contacts on the fuse panel, and replace all the fuses (not a single one came out in one piece). So that lead to the taillights working again. Then I decided to investigate why the dome light never came on upon opening the passenger door. Turned out, the contacts were just as rusty as every other piece of metal on this crusty bastard. Cleaned up the bare metal, slathered on a healthy schlack of dielectric grease, slapped it back together, and poof, like ****ing magic, the dome light now works with the passenger door. Exciting.
Found some LED strips, and a spare head unit. So naturally, not being from this century, I whipped up some ambiance. For now, the head unit is running two 2.5" jvc speakers I robbed from a set of surround sound speakers, placed in the factory speaker location. I've got a set of ds18 3" bullet tweeters in place of the AC vents on either corner of the dash. Those I'm gonna pair with passive crossovers, and a set of 5.25" mids in the doors (settle down, I'm making mounts in order to avoid unnecessary holes in the doors.
Stay tuned, the best is yet to come. Still have to run new front hard lines for the brakes, and a transmission swap.
Attached Images

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace."

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"
1972cheyenne454 is offline   Reply With Quote