Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #127
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

So after this great news of the day I decided to finish what I started. I got the new grommets installed, re-installed the heater box, cleaned up the wiring and got it re-installed, ran the new hoses for the windshield washer fluid and pretty much got the engine bay ready to set the motor into it.

I also installed the new spark plug wires...This was a universal set...I bought that because I wanted to run the wires where they would look neater than just all over the place. I have on order some new wire holders that will tidy up the look but it will be here Tuesday as well.....I had never cut spark plug wires and made them up...after I goofed up the first one I figured out exactly how to do it....luckily they gave me a couple of extra pieces so it was no big deal...It was time consuming but I think once the wire holders get here it will look really good....at least they wont be run all over the place.

Yesterday when I visited Steve we talked about wiring harnesses...specificallu American AutoWire...they make a plug and plag wiring harness from from to rear that hooks right up to the existing connector locations and allows for any additions .Since these trucks had a lot of options it will really help.....I think it prudent to change the wires since they are 51 yrs old......and since I am changing things like HEI distributor, Automatic, and the Deluxe Gauge cluster with gauges and factory tach....I would have installed the new cluster I got yesterday but I noticed today that someone had cut the main harness in half...not sure if I will fix this one or replace it with a new one....again..all fixable ...just time consuming.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote