Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #134
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

So that was the not so good part of the day...now for the good part....It seems that when you do things like this you always have to remember to ask questions...specifically when some builds a motor you really need to know how they timed it....Well Randy called the Machine Shop man who assembled the motor and found out that he timed it 10 degrees before TDC...and yes sports fans we were trying to crank it at TDC...So by the time I got there today I had a ton of suggestions for Randy...He just laughed and hit the switch...Fired right up...Music to my ears...We couldn't run it long since it didn't have any water or tranny behind it but she breathed life today...Unfortunately I cant seem to upload the video of it running so your just gonna have to trust me on that......and she sounded really good.

So after getting everything installed on the motor and adding water that was when I found the leak.....as you can see of the water pump I haven't found the water pump bypass fitting that I need so I just plugged the holes until I can get what I need. You will also see a place where the breather sticker goes....when I taped it off it seems that the tape stuck so well that when I pulled it off the decal came with it...no worries..I can get a new decal.

I fit the new gas tank, 24 gallon tank that I got for behind the seat and it fits perfectly...so I sprayed some Boom Mat on the back of the cab...it is kind of a sound deadening type stuff that seals and takes that tinning noise out of the metal.

I then ensured the floor was cleaned and painted POR 15 on the entire floor, sand blasted the tank straps and got then primed in the ole rattle can paint booth...Everything should be dry tomorrow and I can then install the tank and get it ready. The Tank fits pretty much wall to wall so the only bad thing I see about that is the tank will have to come out to install the side trim but the added gallons are worth it to me plus I think I am going to have the tank painted anyways.

But all in all it was a pretty good day, got to hear my baby run, saw her hips shake a lil bit from the slight lick it was hitting...so all is well.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote