View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #635
Suprmn78

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

First off, great work Captain! I’ve had my 85 C-10 apart for about 6 months trying to find the DIY parts to put disc brakes on the rear. I tried the S-10 4x4 backing plates that MANY people say will fit.....but they don’t. I was gonna go the Impala rotor and custom bracket route but the rotor doesn’t fit completely down onto the axles due to the tiny lip. I wanted something that I could put together that worked without having to machine any parts. My buddy ordered some brackets for his 68 from you for the Impala rotor setup and is gonna have his axles machined. The quality and fit of your brackets sold me.
I’m gonna go the Astro route however because the rotors actually fit properly. I’ll be ordering those brackets soon.
My question today is about the master, is it a must to change it from stock to disc/disc? Also, has anyone used the 83+ year corvette mc? Does it fit without mods? I’m new to this forum stuff so if this is the wrong place for that question I apologize. Anyway, thanks guys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Suprmn78 is offline   Reply With Quote