View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #90
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

I started collecting photos of trucks with sneaker plugs, like this example:

I picked up a couple of lengths of matching exhaust tubing to experiment with different attachment angles. I never finalized a design because I couldn’t decide if they looked better behind the tire or under the fender, or whether to use 2 or 3 bolt caps. The project got side tracked, but is still likely to happen some day because it’s reasonably inexpensive. Originally I wanted hidden electric exhaust cut outs, but they are no longer in the budget.

Another ongoing annoyance was the battery hold down bracket. When purchased many years ago it was coated with a rubberized red covering which soon blistered off. Over the years it was repainted with everything from POR-15 to Zero Rust. No matter what it was coated with, it looked like this within weeks:

I finally solved the problem with a plastic bracket made for boats. It came as a kit with a tray, plastic bolts, and the bracket. The bracket was the only usable part for my installation. A year and a half later it still looks like this. The corrosion monster was finally defeated!

Last edited by markeb01; 03-09-2012 at 01:13 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote