View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #97
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogeroo View Post
no inner fenders... hmn, Mark is going full gasser drag truck next!!!

-W
You’re very perceptive! That’s actually where the plan was headed for the last 10 years before retirement. It would have been a street rod version, way too heavy to actually race because I still wanted to keep all the doodads and didn't want to back half the truck. But it would have been finished with components common to that build style. A BDS scoop was intended to poke through the hood on top of a pair of carbs, preferably sitting on a 6-71 supercharger but more likely on a tunnel ram due to cost.

With my poor photoshop skills this was the best image I could create to demonstrate the vision:

And fenderwell headers something like these (shared by another forum member) were a must have:

For rod runs and graffiti night the final touches were going to be a pair of Radir pie edge slicks on these Buick wheels, with skinny Firestones up front mounted on the vintage Dragmaster mags shown in the photo:

Removal of the front bumper and various methods of installing a Moon tank up front were also tossed around, but nothing was decided on.

Even after retirement I went ahead getting the engine compartment ready for the fenderwell headers. Who knows, my rich uncle could still get out of the poor house, I could win the lottery, or Publishers Clearing House could show up at my door. If one of these unlikely events happen at least I’ll be ready to get back on schedule!