Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #217
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well got my parts back from El Paso Electroplating. As you will see I had the headlamp, park lamp and tail lamp bezels chromed, also had the custom side pieces chromed as well as the deluxe horn ring and horn button chromed as well and basically it was 60.00 for each part... I asked for these to be show chrome even though my truck will not be a show truck. I just wanted to see what their show chrome looked like. So in total I spent 638.09 to have this chromed and this includes shipping.

To give you an idea I had estimates from other chromes shops that ranged from 175.00 to 275.00 just for the head lamp bezels and the other parts were 175.00 each.

With all that being said the only parts that are flawless are the headlamp bezels. I can see what looks like a golden color on different places, specifically the horn ring and the sides of the custom panels....I do not know what that means but I will be contacting them to see if this can be corrected...on their dime of course.

At the price I paid I do not expect perfection but am concerned with the golden color I see. Just want to make sure it isn't going to rush or peel. I think it must be a lot harder to chrome the aluminum parts because that is mainly where I saw the issues. It is hard to photograph with my phone and it will not stop me from using them on the grille.

My estimate for chroming my C60 grille is 325.00.....the cheapest quote I got was 1400.00 and after driving it for a bit and washing I think itll be just fine.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote