View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #1082
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Well, I haven't done much posting lately, but I have been more than busy!
The '66 has ate yet another transmission, and now the builder is claiming abuse....really???
I depressed the throttle @ 55mph to pass a car and the trans downshifted to third...when it returned to O.D. it squawked the rear tires...and then there was nothing...
Really? This is a 4L60E with all-new internals, including a 5 gear planetary, an a beast sun-shell and a 2100 stall converter among other things, behind what might be a 450hp small block at tops.
I watch people do this **** all day long at US131 Dragway without problems! WTH?

Other than that, the Trailblazer SS Spun some rod bearings, instigating a total rebuild...including a PCM of NC Fury cam with Brian Tooley valve springs, and Ti retainers. Also, a relocated Oil pump pick-up to aid against starvation on launch, & Cold-Air-Intake with LS7 MAF sensor.
All of this deserved a tune @ BAKER engineering, to make things really work nicely!....This thing flies!!!

My dad & I had taken the time this past week to attend the Day3 portion of HOTROD Dragweek, where I had the opportunity to meet Brian Doisher.

I was VERY far from disappointed with how this turned out!!!!
It is no surprise that Brian's success stems from his firm down to earth beliefs, and the fact that he is a true conversationalist.....Very hard not to like this guy!!!
Here is a pic of his car, if you are not familiar with who I am speaking of...

I laso got a shot of the "Worlds Fastest Street Car 2016" along with my truck just chillin in the background!...So weird that he wanted to park near me! LOL!..Honestly, I parked there hours before he ever arrived!

None other than Jeff Luntz working on the car, getting ready to whip some a$$!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote