View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #483
jkeating1

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading Hillbilly Deluxe and this thread. I was 6 months late to the party, but I'm finally down to the last few posts on this one. I never figured to be so engrossed in a '90 farm truck thread, but this really struck a chord! I went out yesterday and took pictures of our farm "fleet" (something else I never thought I would have reason to do). Forgive me for occupying too much real estate in the thread, but I think you can appreciate my affinity for the -400 K2500 NV4500 combo.

I acquired all four originally (used), and they all still live happily together at the farm. The bottom two were ceded over to my Father-in-Law and Bro-in-law (reluctantly) over the years. Those two get hammered daily (the trucks, not the in-laws). The dark grey one I drive every day, but frequently in a more urban environment. The red Ext Cab stays at the farm also, but gets to relax more (it IS 4wd too, but I took the flares off when I recolored the ZY2 tutone bottom, which was pewter. I have new ones in the barn)

You know how hard it is to find 5.7 stick 4wd's so when I run across one, I at least have to consider snatching it!

John---Dallas
Attached Images