Thread: Sick Feeling
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sick Feeling

Me neither and that's me all over. Ozark Mt Daredevils did a song in the late-70s called "Backroads" that I could relate to then and still.

You ain't got no hitchhikers
No semi trucks, and no bikers
Gimme them backroads...all my own

4 lane freeways ain't got nothin' for me
Just gimme a backroad and a '50 Mercury
And I'll be rollin'.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-g3O8hHWc

I think running around on back roads is my favorite pastime. I figured that out after a few show trucks. My interest in vehicles is using older stuff on older roads. I'm about to head out in a few.

I hope you don't mind where this has gone, Paul. And I hope this isn't rubbing that feeling in. I'm sure you thought long and hard on this and did what you had to do. I always do before letting one go. I watched my tow truck get hauled away by a 1/2t Dodge to NY state only to be on Craigslist the next week with the booms removed... The same way the knucklehead I got it from had. Ads says "Make western hauler". Better change that 5:14 rear . I figure my '63 Riviera was the last cool old fast car I'll own and that was 20+ years ago. I figured I'd rather have a convertible if I ever got a car. Shoulda just kept it. I haven't wanted a car since.

I am building my '67 for something to run around in and to travel in one day. I want to drive around the country on the old roads. People get ga ga over Rt66 and that is only one of many. So much to see, so little time

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-20-2017 at 11:45 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote