View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #24
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Re: Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Jeff
First I do apologize for not phoning you today. Unfortunately I did not get in until after 9 pm tonight. I home school our daughter, and had several other family related things to tend to today. I spent a total of an hour in the office today, and that was between 9 and 10am EST, well before your request of a call. If my post offended you., that was not my intention at all. I hear all the time, by folks on the site, about how top notch CPPs parts are. While I do agree that folks are quick to complain, look around a bit and you will see that many state how the parts are great.

The issue is, the customer experience apparently is not. That is very apparent between the recent posts, and messages from users asking for our help resolving issues with CPP. There are 3 separate threads on the subject from the last month.. I understand issues happen, such as the phone lines etc... Thing is these same customer service issues have been complained about in posts from 08 on. I know I personally have never ordered from CPP, but we know the situation and the issues involved in the order placed by my neighbor. It was never brought up in public, as we did not wish to jump on the “CPP rant fest”. The same issues happened there, and yes you did assist them, but yes they did happen too. The truck never made the deadline for the build due to those. But again, I never mentioned it before in public, as it was not my intention to bash the company.

I find it odd that you feel I am doing just that, when I have bent over backwards to email and make you aware of any issues that were brought to my attention. That was done so that CPP, Jim, and the company as a whole, could attempt to clear their name and improve their reputation on the site. Not to mention the staff that has tried to help you all with improving and changing folks opinions of CPP. If my soul intent was to bash CPP, none of those things would had been..

As for the site needing big vendors. Yes it does help defer the costs of the site. Thing is, until a few years ago this site was paid for out of pocket and by donations from the members. It was built as a community for truck enthusiasts and not a monetary investment. This site is about enthusiasts helping each other, and no money from any company is going to change that. If we were in it for the money alone, this site would had been sold out to one of the many offers we have received.

Suggesting we bury old threads is preposterous. That would be like suggesting we only allow folks to post good reviews. That we allow the bad deals folks from the parts boards to stay and sell etc.. They paid a fee to post in the classifieds, so they should be allowed to do what they want? Our first and foremost priority on this site is its members. That is how it has always been, and will always be.

I would think the better mind set would be, address the issues and where they are forming from within. Then make a plan of attack to change those issues, being proactive instead if reactive. I really do hope that CPP can address the customer service issues. As its been stated many times, the parts are top notch the complaints rarely are about the parts themselves.

On a side note, we have never allowed members to simply bash a vendor, nor another member for that matter. It is against the site rules. When bash posts are brought to our attention, the users are dealt with accordingly. The posts in this area are not bashes, they are folks discussing their transactions. If they turn in to bash fests, we step in and tend to them.

Again I appreciate everything you do and have done to help folks out. To attempt to turn the tables and make it appear as if I have done something to you or CPP is simply unacceptable. I am only involved because it is my job to do so. When members come to me about issues, I can not simply brush them under the carpet and go on about my day. The issue is not my post, nor this site, nor its members. The solution is looking within and finding the root of it.
Liz i wanted to appologize for posting this rather than just talking to you on the phone. We are doing the best we can and i dont want to spend anymore time on this board while i have customers with pending orders in the balance. Thanks Again and have a Great Weekend!