View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 10:07 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: 1972 k20 4x4 exhaust system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crate View Post
Come on Tim, stainless is what I want, I'm not asking how to build an exhaust system I'm asking you to give up the names of the shops you mentioned in this post. Tire Mart, that's your custom shop? Who is the very, very expensive shop? Mandrel bent will flow better and it isn't hype. Would you put 1" headers on a big block or 1 5/8"? Why not be helpful?
I thought I was being helpful.I didn't tell you how to build an exhaust and I gave you the name of where I've had the last few systems done... in aluminized that averages 15+ years. Talk to Mitch at Tire Mart. I have also used Commercial Tire in Elkridge, MD and Damascus Tire in town of same name. Ben Woo does the mandrel stainless but I've never wasted my money on that. He's in Montgomery County, MD. I think in the airpark in Gaithersburg.

My truck with 350 has Hedman Torque Step full length headers into 2 1/4" pipes and is anything but choked out. It's just right, a very happy truck. Sounds like you're sold on the hype and that's your right. I use my truck and it does everything I ask it to do with style and ease. People debate the negligible gain from headers, which are mandrel bent and the same holds true for the rest of the exhaust. I'm not worried about 5 hp. It's not a race car

Thanks Dale

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-23-2019 at 08:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote