View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 06:27 PM   #59
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

the clamshell motor mounts dont work on the new frame mounts so I get generic V8 mounts from the local auto parts store. I tell them 1970 chevelle with a 305 V8, duralast 2142 is what comes up.

look jim, an unbroken clamshell mount (the other side was broken)

I always take the oil cooler off the motors. back when they were new, it might have been necessary but oil technology has improved so much and honestly these old lines are always a leaking mess. this truck with 115k was still pretty nice, and even though there was an oil leak at the cooler flange it turned out to be the oil filter was loose on the block . take off the filter and then use a 3/8 allen socket to take the spin on mount off.

then there are two T35 torx holding the cooler adapter to the block. take those out (be careful, they can strip the heads, then you have to drill them out) and disconnect the lines from the rad. you dont have to unscrew them, there are two clips (seen on the cart) that once you pull them the lines just pop out.

pull the o ring off the block and thread the spin on filter adapter back into the block, viola!
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote