View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #27
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

Howdy kids. I went out into the garage today to play with the truck and figured hey, before I get started I'll hurry and polish my headlights on my car. Hurry. RIIIIIIIGGHHHT. So one headlight done and too many hours later I kind of did a review on 3M's Headlight Restoration Kit. I'll tell you what though, that frame and I, are going to GET IT ON... tomorrow!

2000 cents at my local O'reilly's. Yeah, it's MY O'reillys!

Tools you will need

Here we go. The test subject, one "Peoples Car" Jetta.
4 step process. 1st take your drill and attaatatch the supplied 500 grit sanding discs and ruin your headlight more than it ever was. You will be ruining your headlight for quite a while.

Next, pick up the instructions and read them for the 37th time then add some secret ingredient to the mix and keep ruining

Now that your headlights are thoroughly FUBAR'd, move on to step two, which is use the supplied 800 grit discs and make your light look like you smeared flour all over it, for clarity while driving of course! It is crucial that you drink the secret ingredient and sand at the same time with the same hand.

Step 3, Take the supplied 3000 grit foam pad disc and spritz, NOT SPRAY, spritz water on the aforementioned pad and headlight. Just remember, it's always better when wet. It even says to not let it dry out while doing this step.

Final-ish step, atataach teh sponfs.. Obviously at this point the majority of the secret ingredient should have been consumed and you should be sluring as I have demonstrated through clever typing abilities. Attach sponge applicator and use a dime size amount of compound(supplied with kit). Dime size, not nickel, or quarter, or silver dollar, A DIME! First pic is before, second pic is after.

Now top off your blinker fluid with Royal Purple, because your blinkers deserve only the best and sit back and listen to your dumb wife tease your about how long it took you while your shriek at your children to get you another beer and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

All in all I'd buy it again and I am impressed with the outcome. Very easy to use. Tomorrow, I have a date with this...

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote