View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #13
Ski-me

Re: thinking about getting this in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpeen View Post
i called first thing this morning and my tires were already shipped out i started stripping out the interior and pulled the top off now i see why he put duct tape cross the roof the top bolts down in all the right spots except for the first bolting the front that bolts down to the bed rail is broken off probably cross threaded so the top wasn't cranked down the way it should be. I will attempt drilling it out and i'll try an easy out if it is stubborn not sure what to do with it

i ordered a carpet set fro LMC today along with a new front bumper and brackets and a new dash pad i also ordered all new rubbers all the way around wasn't hard to get up over the $1000 mark which gives you free shipping!

Took it by my body man today and had him give it a once over as well I am going to have him wet sand and buff the whole truck and paint the top maybe flat black and paint the wheels silver the i love the look of the white wheels and dog dish hub caps but not sure it will look good on a black truck
Nice job and way to go after it with a bang! I think LMC also sources carpet from ACC so you're probably good. Depending on if you got the mass backing and jute underlayment.....might be good to refresh the jute matting too.

The canopy bolts are the funky open star type thing, but screw into some flat plate nuts of some sort. I had one bad one so went to home depot and got a flat bar that was the right thickness. Then drilled and tapped it. Then cut off the length I needed and inserted into the channel on the bottom side of the bed rail. Works great and is like the rest of them. They need to slide in the small channel just a little bit so you have flexibility getting the bolt in once the top has been dropped back on.

Take the interior side panels off and you'll gain access to the bottom rail where you can replace the flat bar nuts.

I start with the front cab bolts first to get it sucked in better, and then do the bedrail bolts.

Lets see some pics too!

You'll always find more things to do....and spend on these trucks. It's fun though!

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote