Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #101
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

We left the Spit, kinda disappointed, but on the way back north, I saw a small trail with a sign that said "Daytime use only" (like there's any other kind of time in Alaska in the summer!) I pulled over to check it out, and there was a neat foot trail that led to a rocky beach.

driving up from homer, I saw my oil pressure gauge go to zero pulling up to a stop, I immediately turned the truck off an pulled over, I popped the hood, and check the oil level, and it was about 1/4 of a quart low, but nowhere near low enough to cause issue. I looked around very carefully, and noticed an oil drip near the oil pressure sending unit. I restarted the truck, and it dripped a little bit quicker, but nothing insanely crazy and it wasn't making any of the typical SBC without oil noises, I gave it some thought, and decided to roll on it until I could get a new sender. about an hour or two later I was able to get a new sender at the parts store, and decided I would change it after camping for the night so I didn't burn myself on the exhaust. little did I know, the fitting is metric, and my metric wrenched somehow didn't make it into the truck with us... DOH! of course an adjustable doesn't fit, and the sender is not wanting to come free at all for some reason. after an hour or two of laying under the truck on gravel, I decided to just deal with it when I had all the right tools to fix it if my attempts broke it worse.

on the road north that's all smoke, no rain...

Campsite:

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote