View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #55
nebdrummer

Re: my 50 build... why not?

I went and talked to the speedway guys. Does those pictures seem weird with the brakes to you? Beings that there is 1000+PSI of brake pressure going through a disk setup, would it bother you that the only sturdy mounting point is that less than 1/16th of an inch? If it were to grab one way or another and jump off of one of those tiny ledges, then your caliper is sitting crooked. I think that it would be very possible beings that the caliper is held in with those two bolts surrounded by a rubber o ring. I would say there is plenty enough give in the rubber rings to slip off the ledge. It just doesnt seem safe to me. When the time comes, doing 100+ mph, braking, then have it slip off only to lock up the brakes something horrible. Then, well you can imagine the rest.

I brought it in and showed one of the tech guys, he looked at me like I was a retard and a young joe blow just wanting to throw **** together. He told me to grind the tab off of the caliper to fit the nut on, and then he said the two tiny mounting spots "should be fine". I don't want a should be fine, I want a, yes its designed that way. I also dont want to have to grind on new parts to make another companies **** fit right.

What would you do?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote