View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 10:47 PM   #119
Love 70 Chevys

Re: Charlotte - A Stock 1970 K10 Build

Unfortunately, winter has set in here in Upstate NY and it will probably slow me down a bit. Need to get some fan belts installed. (Seems simple, but will be on my third set ordered as I can't quite seem to get the lengths right!) Also have a brand new fuel pump sitting on my bench that needs to be installed. Should be able to get her running as soon as the spring thaw comes. Can't wait. Am now moving into "warm basement" projects for the winter. I have the instrument cluster out and am looking forward to restoring it where I can sit down and take my time with some good lighting. Also am going to take the steering column out and restore/repaint and rewire it. The steering wheel is shot (cracked like they all do) and I am going to take one more non-stock departure there. I like the stock look, but smaller diameter one available from Brothers. Charlotte has power steering and I am 6' 2" which forces my left leg to be in an awkward position to miss the wheel and depress the clutch, so for me smaller will be better. Have to admit, I love the look of the big wheel though. Will post pictures of these two mini projects as they get completed! For now...Go Bills! (It has been a very, very long time since the Jim Kelly days.)
Love 70 Chevys is offline   Reply With Quote