Thread: Service Airbag
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #6
dennislbrooks

Fixed ------ Service Airbag

Sure enough, it was the impact sensor. My W/T only had one in the middle under the guard in the front.

My replacement was a Dorman 590-283 that I got from Rockauto for $114 total. They did not show it with my year and model. I had to type it in for search - found the number on ebay.

Make sure the plug is the same as they move the little tabs for various positions I guess.

A Dorman 590-285 would not have worked for me as the plug was slightly different even tho it shows on web for my model/year and front.

On my truck, I did not have to disconnect battery for replacement (truck not running and key OFF) just unplug from old and plug in new then start truck or just turn ignition on to test.

The removal of the old one on my Duramax was not worth the effort.. I left it in place and ty wrapped the new one to a close position. It is 2 wires and does not require a ground to work- old one is fastened with a left hand thread star bolt?? to a plastic shroud. The plug was accessable.

Last edited by dennislbrooks; 08-29-2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: words
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote