View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #331
dukkie
My Spoon Is Too Big

Re: For sale: Hand-Made Custom LED Brake lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwotr View Post
Glad I'm not the only one.
Although I don't have an order in, I tried 4 Separate times....
(within a 4 week period), via public posts and privately, to order a pair of LED Taillights from him.
I received no reply, and waited ANOTHER 2 months.
I finally bought them from another manufacturer.
Then after installing those, I knew that now I'd need a set of "Back-up" LED's.
I AGAIN posted/E-Mailed privately and that was about 6 weeks ago and STILL no response. I saw other Forum members hinting to ease up on him. He was a student and this wasn't a "Full-Time" Gig. So I did, but unless there's a Death in the Family, I personally have tried to give him my Business on 2 separate occasions in a 7 Month period, with no replies WHATSOEVER.

That in MY BOOK, is just plain rude.

The manufacturer that I ordered my Taillights from, has back-up lights
in R & D, and said they "should" be available by the end of Summer.
R&D? ha. Its not that hard. I would bet i could have yours made within a week. its basic circuity with like resistors and or capacitors. If i decided to learn what each of those were and how the necessary ohms coordinated whether wired in series or parallel or whatever blah blah i would make a side job producing these for all kinds of cars. Id mass produce a sheet i pre wired with bulbs and just cut off the shapes that i needed. O yea i need to learn to solder too.

I dunno what happened to this guy here. he sent me a message once saying the tail lights were done and was starting my reverse lights that's the last update i have had but i deleted the message so i dunno how long ago that was. However if typical to take 3 months buyer should have been notified. its papal so i guess i just file for a return or something and get my cash back maybe? id rather just have him say they're on the way cause i still want them
2015 Ram 05-20-15 (Daily Driver)