View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 09:06 PM   #52
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

I agree with see ten. I've owned two bikes in the past. I had my fun with them and sold them. Not because of the several close calls, or the couple times I layed it down and walked away. It was because I live up north and had limited space for storage over the winter. Then I just didn't ride it enough to justify keeping it around.

Now I could use that same exact logic on my truck. I hardly ever drive it, it takes up a space in the garage I really could use for my car (wife gets the other indoor spot). But I just love it too much. It was my first car, I've had it since 1983. It was my dads before that for about 8 years. It was my grandpas before that back in like 1973 or 74. It will be my sons way too soon.

Anyway, I had my misc. cars and trucks in the ditch way too many times, my fair share of fender benders, and it seems that everytime I get into the Minneapolis area I've got someone cutting me off, pulling into my lane with me in it, people on cell phones, kids listening to boomboom so loud they couldn't hear a siren, etc, etc,.

If you are afraid of the risk on a bike, you shouldn't have one. If you are comfortable with them and are careful, you will probably be OK. If your not OK, don't blame the bike, accidents happen no matter what you drive.

I'm done ranting (rambling) now. I feel much better. Nice deep cleansing breathe.

HG
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote