View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 PM   #29
Eddie H.

Re: Feeling in over my head and not sure what to do next

It looks like you have some sort of adapter that was made as a repair for stripped out fuel inlet threads. As long as it doesn't leak, it shouldn't be a hazard. You will have to run an inline filter of some sort though, since you can't run the correct one in the carb anymore. Rubber fuel hose from the frame rail to fuel pump is ok on the suction side. When it is used on the pressure side is when it becomes a fire hazard. In some applications, it is necessary to use short lengths of hose between the pump and carburetor, in those cases, I always use "fuel injection rated hose" which is much higher quality.
If you want to stay with a Quadrajet, you might look around and find a later model core with the fuel inlet not stripped out, and rebuild it. Many of these also had electric chokes which I think are much better than the old divorced choke setup like you have now.

You're in Plano, that's still a long way from me since I'm northwest of Ft Worth. I thought if you were closer, I might be able to help you out.